Graduate Student Research Awards
American Association of Indian Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAiPS) is pleased to announce the availability of six awards to graduate students in pharmaceutical sciences, regulatory affairs, and clinical research. Four awards will be given to the students of Indian heritage, while two are open to other nationalities.
- Interested graduate students should submit no more than an 800-word summary of their research findings and up to two (2) images. The format should include Title, Author/s, Affiliation, Purpose, Methods, Results and Conclusion. Title, author/s and affiliation will not be counted towards 800 words.
- At the end of your abstract, please include contact details (primary author’s name, email, and phone followed by major advisor’s name, email, and phone).
- All applicants must present their research findings at the 2023 Annual Meeting of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS). The abstract must be accepted by AAPS to be considered for the AAiPS graduate awards.
- Please include a category on top of your abstract. You can apply to any one category from the five listed below. Categories to submit abstracts:
- Drug Delivery/Pharmaceutical Technologies (DDPT): All topics related to the formulation, physical pharmacy, biotherapeutics, biotechnology, drug discovery, and manufacturing/manufacturing Science and Engineering.
- Analysis and Pharmaceutical Quality (APQ): All topics related to dissolution technologies, in vivo-in vitro relationships/correlations, method development and validation, electrophoresis, high-throughput analysis, hyphenated methods-small molecule (e.g., GC-MC, LC-MS, etc.), PK samples, theoretical and statistical aspects of method validation.
- Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, and Drug Metabolism (PPDM): All topics related to biopharmaceutics, bioavailability, first pass effects/drug absorption (food effects, formulation effects), drug interactions, PK and PK/PD modeling, tissue distribution and microdialysis, toxicokinetics/toxicology, transporters.
- Clinical Pharmacology, Transitional Research and Biomarkers (CTB): All topics related to clinical trials, pharmacoeconomics, pharmacotherapy, and therapeutic drug monitoring and transitional research.
- Regulatory Affairs (RA): All topics related to regulatory affairs like cGMP, CMC, regulations/guidance, ICH guidelines etc.
Please send your submissions to:
Professor Hardeep S. Saluja, Chair
AAiPS Graduate Awards Committee
Southwestern Oklahoma State University
College of Pharmacy, Weatherford, OK 73096
firstname.lastname@example.org | 580-774-3727
Please remember the following when sending your abstract.
- Use the following format to name your file
Last name_First name_Catagory_Heritage*
*Use IH for Indian Heritage and NIH for Non-Indian Heritage
- In the subject line write – AAiPS Graduate Awards 2023
The results will be declared in the first week of October and the winners will be contacted via email.
See the format below for writing your abstract.